Get on board with the mediterranean diet with this fresh and filling dish.
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, diced
400 g. chopped tomatoes
600 ml. vegetable stock
75 g. macaroni pasta
2 tbsp. chopped thyme
400 g. cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
half savoy cabbage, shredded
- Heat the oil in a large sausepan and fry the onion and carrot for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, macaroni, thyme and beans and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 2 minutes until tender.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.