If we were to zero in on one modern kitchen invention that we will always be thankful for, it has to be the microwave, and the ones who are always on the run would probably agree to us on this. It has made cooking easy, and given newbies and novices hope that they can finally move a level up from scrambled eggs and toast. It is even possible to make so many of your all-time classics like besan kadhi in a microwave. Yes, you read that right!
Kadhi is a yellow-coloured, yogurt-based curry that is often thickened with besan or gram flour. It is tangy, spicy and boasts of a mélange of flavours that are hard to find in other curries. To make the curry more wholesome, many people also add onion and besan pakoras to the kadhi. In this recipe, however, the twist is the medley of mixed vegetables. Chunky vegetables of your choice doused in a thick and luscious kadhi is a winsome dish you won’t want to miss.
Besan Kadhi Recipe: Tips And Tricks
1. One of the defining features of a good kadhi is how tangy it is, to do so, it is a good idea to use sour yogurt. You can also use raw mango powder or amchur for effect.
2. To make it in microwave, you would have to combine ingredients together, hence it would be a good idea to have all of them together at one place.
3. Combine besan, turmeric, asafoetida, salt, chilli powder and sonth, then add some yogurt to form a smooth paste. This would work as the base of your kadhi. Mix it it witch water, and give your kadhi the perfect consistency.
4. In another deep dish combine oil, coriander, fenugreek seeds, badi and the mixed vegetables, think onions, capsicum and tomatoes.
5. Doing this separately is important so that you do not make one sloppy muddle. Only towards the end combine the besan mixture with the badis and vegetables.
6. Cook for high heat for 10 minutes, stir once. Lower the heat by 30 percent and then cook again for 20 minutes. Serve with fresh coriander leaves.